Friday, August 17, 2018

Sneak peek at SU 2018 Holiday catalog, #fms350, Christmas card


Once I start getting my new Holiday catalog order I just can't help myself, I have to use them.  This set is called Beautiful Baubles.   I used one of the dies to both cut and emboss onto the center top of the card, but it has an outside cut edge you can add when you run it through so that it cuts as a separate piece.  A 2 fer.

The sketch I'm using is from this weeks Freshly Made Sketches challenge.
I only used 2 colors, the Whisper white and Gorgeous Grape.  It's a pretty easy card, white card base, Grape piece just a bit smaller, then the white top piece.  I cut /embossed the die, layered it down with dimentials, then put the white piece back in the middle and cut my ornament out.
I wanted the ornament to pop a bit, so while  normally I might use the Multi purpose liner sheets, I decided this time to use a similiar product in foam.

Then I just added my ribbon and sentiment.  And those pretty Glitter enamel dots.
The ribbon and glitter dots are available now, the rest is in the Holiday catalog that goes live on the 3rd of Sept.









1 comment:

Kim S said...

Lovely use of those dies - and I love the Gorgeous Grape! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.