Wednesday, August 1, 2018

All occasion card using Freshly Made Sketches #348 challenge


As someone who rarely uses DSP, I seem to have gone over board lately.  But the paper this year is so gorgeous!  I took a piece out of the Garden Impressions 6x6 DSP stack and cut my four pieces after finding a square from my framelits that would work for my size.  After cutting, I laid them out and figured out just how big a piece I needed to go under them.  I usually cut a little larger then I think I need, just in case I'm wrong. Yeah, I'm wrong a lot. LOL.  So, then I can trim down to the actual size if it turns out different.  Little tip there.  I am NOT good at lining things up, and I am sure not a math brain, that's my hubby.
So, here is the challenge.
Pretty simple, I love that as it lets me be more creative. Go here to join in or see what everyone else is doing.


So, I used Berry Burts for my card base and under my floral design, the paper is actually Melon Mambo, but I liked the Berry contrast, it's just a bit darker instead of the brighter Melon.
The little sentiment die comes from the Stitched Label Dies, which goes with the Stitched All Around stamp set. You could easily just use the dies for many cards. They are just gorgeous. 
We are seeing a lot of small sentiment framelits on many of the die sets, I really like that idea, they are all different sizes, shapes and designs.

The sentiment comes from the new Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set.  I'm sorry to say the ribbon is retired. Too bad actually, it's so pretty and usable. 

There is a new promotion that just started, we didn't actually know about it until the last min, but it's a great one.  For every $50 you spend on product in Aug, you will get a code in your email for $5 to shop in Sept.   Do not loose those, you can't get them back.  And sept starts customer ordering for the new Holiday catalog.

Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

Kathy said...

such a lovely card, image design and colors work so well with this sketch.

Jen Brum said...

Such a pretty card! I love that DSP and love the embossed background! Such pretty colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

HJ said...

Love this pretty card using the beautiful DSP. To me it looks as though you lined up these squares perfectly! Good job! I also have that trouble. Enjoy your day!

Amy O said...

This dsp is so pretty and is totally deserving of being the star on this card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

This is simply perfect with that DSP! And oh how pretty it is!! So glad to see you this week at FMS!

Mimi said...

I saw this in the link-up at FMS and had to come in for a closer look... so pretty! Great way to use all that patterned paper (I love to buy it, but don't use it as much anymore in cards...)

Mary Blocher said...

One of my favorites! I love the Garden Impressions DSP