Tuesday, August 21, 2018

2018 Holiday card, gdp#152


I think I put some items from 3 different sets together to get this.  2 of them were dies.  I'm not sure I did the GDP challenge justice, but here it is.  It just grew as I went along.

The idea is to CASe the designer, meaning take something away from the project and make it your own. You can take the color, or something that was used or just the basic design.

I used a brand new Christmas DSP set, that isn't in the catalog, it will go live in Sept along with the catalog however.  It will be given free with a $250 order. That can be a host order or your own personal order, or you can just go get orders from friends or at work and get this along with the usual host gifts.

I cut the DSP  from the sheet that sits under the card, I also cut a second piece in white and layered them together to give it some hight and make it sturdier.   I used the inside round piece that got cut in the hole, then put my sentiment on the white piece and cut it to fit.
I layered that onto my white layer then cut the corners with the Detailed Treo punch.

I stamped my little pointsettias in Merry Merlot, then colored in using the Cherry Cobbler ink pad and my blender pen.   I cut a few pieces from the Pretty Pines Thinlits (in the Annual catalog) and tucked them in.    I added just 3 of the tiny silver pearls and I used a bit of the Frost White Fantastix Frost white and my aqua pen. Still went on a bit thick, a small amount goes a long way.

I do hope you enjoyed and I have given you some inspiration.


No comments: