Sunday, August 25, 2019

Watercolor fun, A Christmas Card. Paper Players #456


A Bit of play with the Pigment sprinkles.  I would have done Red and green, but there is no red unfortunately, but I think the Bermuda Bay and Gorgeous Grape will do very well.  I actually ended up with way more color then I wanted, I just forgot how little it takes.  So, I had to dab and take some off, spread around, dab some more.  Take my word for it, tiny amounts to start.

I'm in love with this bundle, it's called the Free Skate stamp set with dies to match.  In order to keep the color down on the skates, I used Pool Party CS. I could have used the Posy CS instead, but went with this.

Before I go on, you'll want to check out the challenge to see what everyone else did.




Now, to start with that copper color that looks embossed, isn't.  This is a new metallic we have in the Holiday catalog. It comes in Silver and gold as well as the copper.  As you can see it looks wonderful, shiny and bright even without embossing and it dries fairly quickly.
So, here is a better look at the copper.




After stamping and coloring in the other colors, I just took a tiny drop of refill ink and used it to brush in the copper for the blades.   I only got copper, but I am for sure going to add the silver and gold to my next order!


2 comments:

HJ said...

Great background for this pretty card. Enjoy your day!

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Lynn! That background is stunning! Thank you so much for the tip about using the pigment sprinkles. The new metallic ink is awesome...you have just inspired me to add it to my Wish List. Thank you so much for sharing with The Paper Players!