Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Metallic Ornament card, Freshly Made Sketches #400



So, this is a very special week at FMS.  Their 400th week of doing the sketch challenge.  Go on over and check out the team cards and the special  doings.

And, here is the sketch.
Now, about this card, it is so hard to get a good photo of metallic shine.  I'll post another photo down a bit that might help with that.  I used one of 2 sets of ornament stamp and die sets that I have that retired.  If you have one or both of them, you are going to want this DSP! Look at all the matching and metallic shine.
If you don't have one, then the Christmas Gleaming bundle is for you! Personally I think one of these ornament sets is mandatory.  And be sure to get the DSP, which just happens to be by the same name.
This is my 2nd time using the new copper metallic ink. And I am in love.  If you are going to do a resist technique, then you need to emboss, but if not, you can have that gorgeous bright shine just by stamping with these new inks. Besides Copper, it comes in Silver and Gold and there are refills.
My supply list was very simple, I used Very Vanilla, Pretty Peacock and copper.    And I used the retired Ornament Keepsakes stamp and die set, Merry Christmas dies, And the  metallic ink pad.


 I think the shine shows up better in the photo.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope I have inspired you.



2 comments:

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card! Love that ornament and the gorgeous background paper! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches to celebrate our 400th sketch!

Linda Callahan said...

This is such an elegant holiday card! Love the shine! Glad you helped us celebrate 400!