Friday, August 16, 2019

Birthday Wishes card, JAI#470 challenge



This turned out to be harder then I thought.  The challenge is to make a card without stamping.  Not much of a problem except for the sentiment, so it took a lot of thought.




I could have taken the easy way out and just die cut or punched out designs and layered it on the paper and left no sentiment, but I always have to make it hard for myself.  So, check out what the team did for this one.

I was going to use the punched out flower in the Floral Essence set, but then I realized, I couldn't without stamping them. I mean I could have, but they wouldn't have look as neat with out the stamping.

The paper I used is just gorgeous. It's photos of actual art work, with stunning flowers and colors. This piece is one of the more plain pieces, and I cut the flowers from one of the pieces as well.   It's called Perennial Essence.

I used Pretty Peacock and Blushing Bride  and the Stitched Nested Label Dies that come in the bundle with the Free as a Bird stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope I gave you some inspiration.


4 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Lovely Lynn! That dsp is so pretty and you have used it beautifully to create a "No stamping" project. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Chantell Randall said...

Oh I love these papers. The colours are exquisite - very pretty card. Chantell Just Add Ink

Patrice said...

So pretty. It certainly is a challenge to think about....glad you joined us at Just Add Ink, Lynn. x

ColourmehappyDi said...

lovely way to use the papers, Lynn. Glad you enjoyed playing along with our no stamping challenge, even though it was trickier than it seemed.
All the best, Di