Thursday, July 19, 2018

Thank you so very much, Freshly Made Sketches challenge



I knew what colors I wanted to use, I've been dying to do more with the new Purples, Gorgeous Grape and Highland Heather.   So, I used my 6x6 Brights DSP set for the Gorgeous Grape side panel and Bermuda Bay for the little strip of color.

Here is the challenge:
I moved the shapes around, putting the two shapes at the bottom, because for this stamp set, it made more sense that way.    Still, when I got up this morning, I thought of a way it could have been better, but that's ok, I'll use that another time. 

So, my colors today are: Bermuda Bay, Gorgeous Grape, Whisper white, and So Saffron.

I used my Aqua brush, picking up a bit of color from my pad and putting it into the lid with added drop of water from the brush to get the lighter shades, then came back in while it was still wet to add more intense color.
I used the Blends on the butterfly.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.


3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Gorgeous Lynn! Loving the purples! You made my sketch look great!

Karren said...

Beautiful card using gorgeous images! So crisp and clean! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Caly Person said...

Love that you used a bird and flowers for your focal points and interpretation of this sketch!