Sunday, July 15, 2018

Sending Prayers card, Paper Players #401



Everyone has techniques and supplies they like best, I happen to go bananas over embossing folders.  This one is a new one  called Seasonal Wreath. Seasonal makes it sound like Christmas, doesn't it? But it just isn't. There is nothing that says Christmas about this wreath, however you could make it say Christmas.   Today I'm not doing that, I wanted to just make a pretty wreath.

Here is the challenge:

Those are some bright colors, but it works.    After I embossed the folder, I used a round brush, brushed very lightly across my ink pad and then gently onto my  wreath, and I kept doing that until I got the look I wanted.     I found some tiny flowers in my Jar of Love set, then used pearls and colored them with Light Lovely Lipstick.
I love that we have the Blends to play with now, you can color the pearls and/or the rhinestones any color you want using them.  That doesn't work with the dye ink markers.

I punched the corners using the new Detailed Treo punch.    I didn't have any ribbon to match, so I found a bow all made up on my desk in Lemon Lime Twist and by golly,  it worked because I had made the wreath so light in color.

Added my Highland Heather layer, then attached to a Whisper White card base.   The sentiment came from the brand new Itty Bitty Greetings set.

To play along or just check out what everyone else did, go here.

Thanks so much for stopping by,  I hope I gave you some inspiration.

3 comments:

HJ said...

Beautiful card, Lynn. Love the wreath with the lightly brushed on colors. So pretty!

Annie S. said...

Wonderfully creative way to use the colors in our challenge! I love wreaths too and you're right, they're not just for Christmas. Thanks for sharing over at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I'm not a big user of embossing folders Lynn, but I do have my favourites that get used a lot and this is one of them! I love how you used it to create a non-festive wreath and the brushed ink technique really softens the colour palette. Thanks for playing along with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!