Monday, October 30, 2017

Paper Players challenge 368, Christmas card



I ended up loving this card, but it fought me every step of the way.  Have you ever had a card like that?  The deer is from Santa's Sleigh, but I used a wreath from the At Home bundle as I liked it better. My only problem was that this one didn't fit around his neck like the one in his own set.

I resolved that using one of the tiny dimensionals SU has now.  I am really liking those. I had to cut the wreath, but glued it together and stuck it down at the same time with that dimensional.

I stamped my raindeer using Soft Suede on Crumb Cake, then used my watercolor pencils to add some darker areas.   No need for water, they work just fine without.

My colors are: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler and a bit of Smoky slate for the snowflakes.

So, go here for the challenge, you will want to see what the team has done this week. Gorgeous cards!

And here is the challenge. 




I have done the middle across. Christmas, die cut wreath.


1 comment:

laurie said...

I like how you put a wreath on the deer...great idea!Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!