Monday, October 23, 2017

Merry and Bright Christmas, Merry monday 262


I'm still working on photos with metallics.  If I take this one standing, the gold and silver ribbon doesn't show, but it's just not as good as I'd like. So much nicer in person.

The challenge this week at Merry Monday is to show presents on your card.  I got a set called Your Presents out of my retired stash.  Yeah, you could just cut the boxes our of paper, but these had such cute bows in the set.   
I then used Metallic washi tape for my ribbon, that was what caused all the problems for photo taking.

My colors today are: Whisper White, Fresh Fig, Berry Burst, and Lemon Lime Twist.

The sentiment comes from the Hearts Come Home set and the ornaments from Carols of Christmas bundle.  and I used the Marble background.    The strings for the ornaments are stamped on, but don't cut out with the dies, so I was looking around for something with a really thin tip, and pulled out a Gold paint marker.   I thought, this isn't going to work, I've had this for years, and years, but by golly it did and beautifully.

Hop on over here and see the rest of the cards. Maybe even give it a try yourself.


6 comments:

Linda said...

I like the metallic ribbons on your sweet gifts. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your presents, Lynn - thought you captured the gleam of the foil ribbon beautifully! You're so right - those ribbons are darling!! So glad you could play along with us at Merry Monday!!

Cicci said...

Such a beeutiful card!! LOVE the silver and Gold !!! Perfect for christmas
HUGs Cicci With the Pen
Cicci With the Pen {welcome to vistit and follow my blog}

jasann said...

Hi there Lynn, love your card, the gifts and the colours are beautiful!!!!

JanR said...

Don't you hate it when you can't get your card to cooperate for a photo? I know I do! It's a splendid card, I really like the colours.

Theresa's Studio said...

Great colors on a great card! Beautiful!