Sunday, May 24, 2015

Stampin Up, Paper Players 246


I'm playing with the Paper Players again this week.  They vary the challenges so it's never the same thing.  This week it's a sketch challenge.  I did a pretty simple card using some new colors. Mostly Watermelon Wonder, and I added a black layer then the birthday candle layer. It's from the new 6x6 paper stack, I love the new size, you can do even more with it, but the designs are still scaled down for cards.
It's hard to see the sheen of the ribbon, but the 5/8" satin ribbon is so soft and pretty with a nice sheen on it. I debated making a bow over at the one side, but decided I wanted to do something else.  I used Black and Bermuda bay for the flowers, the black behind just to make it pop a bit. And stuck them together using the tiny dots, they do the job without raising them up more.

The Dimentionals are under the black to raise it up some.    My sentiment just seemed kind of lonely so I felt it needed something more. The circle did the trick.

I sure hope you enjoyed. If you would like to see everyone else's card or maybe even join in, go here:
The Watermelon Wonder and the paper stack are in the new catalog, so will not be available until June 2nd.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lynn, hope it was a wonderful one. Hugs, Nancy Hill

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a great card! Love your choice of colors and papers! I really love the new 6x6 DSP, too!

LeAnne said...

So cute....what a fun image and your DSP is perfect! Pretty colors too! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a fun card, Lynn! I love how you featured the new colors and that paper is the perfect touch with the sentiment. Thank you so much for playing along with my sketch this week at The Paper Players! :)