Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Ocean view, Paper Players #444.




I've had this set for quite awhile and hadn't used it, although I really love it.  It just seemed to be perfect for this challenge, so I played until I got something I liked.  The stamp set is By The Bay.  The birds are from High Tide.
Here is the challenge, check it out and see if you might want to join in. 
Much of my life I lived in the Bay Area of CA.  Born in LA, I grew up all along the coast, ending up in San Francisco where I went to High school and gave birth to  2 of my 3 girls. After that we left the state.  But this graphic just brings all that back.  Also makes me very sad for what CA has turned into.

I used the new incolor Seaside Blue and Terracotta Tile for my larger building.  They did a great job of making it what I thought it should be. An old, old ocean side building that has faded.  I really enjoyed the coloring I did on this, I used my Aqua Painter, picking up color from my ink pad and laying it into the lid while mixing some water with it to get the effect I wanted.  This called for very light, soft colors.
The greenery at the side is colored with Soft Seafoam and the concrete walls and walkway are Smoky Slate.   My sky is Pool Party. 

I did all my work on what would be my circle first, cut it using the Stitched Shapes Framelits, then put down the same stamped image on my white card layer, also stamping the birds in the water.    I put the circle down leaving just the black stamped imaging showing under it.   It just needed something more, so I pulled out High Tide and stamped the sea gulls over head.

I hope you like it and maybe just take a bit of inspiration away.



2 comments:

Windy Ellard said...

Love the use here of the By The Bay set and the soft colors. Great layout and vacay scene. Thanks for playing along with the theme this week over at The Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Lynn! I love how you featured the By the Bay stamp set. What a perfectly designed card. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!