Monday, June 24, 2019

A card for you, Paper Players #447



A great sketch to work with from the Paper Players challenge this week.  I took this as my chance to work with the gorgeous new Perennial Essence DSP.  This paper is sever different actually painted images made into paper. If you see it close up, you can see the canvas texture and ever single piece is stunning.   I choose this piece as it had the colors I wanted to work in today.
Here is the challenge, stop on over and see what the team has done.



My colors are: Blushing Bride, Blackberry Bliss and Whisper White.  That sweet flower cuts out with a punch that is part of the bundle for the Floral Essence stamp set.
I started with the Blushing Bride card base, then embossed the purple with the Layered Leaves EF. added the slice of DSP and wrapped the ribbon around both, then tied a little knot.
I stamped and punched out 2 of the leaves and used a glue dot to put them together.  Then stamped my sentiment and die cut using the tiny piece in the Stitched Nested Label Dies that comes with the Free as a Bird bundle.
I hope you are inspired just a bit.


3 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This sketch is perfect for highlighting a pretty patterned paper and your choice is a stunner Lynn! I love that you anchored your sentiment with a simple punched flower so as not to detract from the beauty of your paper choice. Thanks for sharing with us this week over at The Paper Players!

Windy Ellard said...

That DSP makes me relax...I have always loved Monet and watercolors. It makes your card feel soft and sweet! And the emboss folder added the right texture! Lovely card! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

Those papers are very pretty....you don't need much to create a stunning card with them! Simple and beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at the Players!