Wednesday, June 12, 2019

A Rustic Hello, Freshly Made Sketches #392



I think this brand new Brick and Mortar embossing folder is going to get a lot of use.  I love the look I got.
Today I'm playing along with Freshly Made Sketches.

Lots of things you can do with this sketch, I love that.
Besides the new brick embossing folder, I used a new stamp set called Rustic Retreat. It just spoke to me!  I think it's going to be a lot of fun, and will go all year long, even Christmas.
I used Very Vanilla CS and embossed my brink, then used a fat round brush to brush on color.  I just gently swipe it across the ink pad then onto my paper, very lightly at first, then I went back and used just the center of the brush where it pokes up, to add more color inside some of the bricks.
since it's a bit of a rustic set, I did a rustic coloring on it. Just using my blender pen (not Blends) and filled in color.
I used Terracotta Tile, Seaside blue, Mossy Meadow, Soft suede and Smoky slate.
I also used the new die set that comes with Free as a bird.  A larger one for m y graphic then a smaller one for my little sentiment.
I also used the tiny sentiment die from the Stitched Label dies for the little flag pieces.
I hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful! I love that embossing folder.....may have to put it on my next order!