Saturday, June 22, 2019

A Little lace meets Floral Essence, Just Add Ink #462


This lace die bundle was in my first order in the new catalog. And it sure has turned out to be so very versatile.  I cut it in little strips for this and glued them down to the Grapefruit Grove paper underneath.
I have had some trouble with it cutting on my Big Shot, and I have to wonder if it's because my poor machine is getting old.  I've had it 8 yrs now, being a demo and doing classes, that's a very good run. I had to shim this to get part of it to cut.  I had tried all the tricks, tilting it, turning it around, putting it on the edge on both sides, nothing else worked. So shim it is.  All the little tiny pieces fell right out when using the brush end after I shimmed it.
Here is the challenge graphic for this week. Go here to see the teams cards.

So, my colors today are, Whisper White card base, Night of Navy, Grapefruit Grove and Soft Seafoam.  After putting my lace stips down I took the piece and trimmed the grapefruit until it was the way I wanted. I just wanted that small border around.

I embossed the Night of Navy layer with the Subtle embossing folder for a bit of extra texture.  I used the Floral Essence stamps for my flower, I just stamped in Grapefruit on Grapefruit, then fussy cut the flower out. I stamped the leaves on the Soft Seafoam, then used the Leaf Punch to punch them out.  I popped up my flower after laying my leaves down and used a Faceted Gem for the center.
I didn't use a sentiment, I need a few cards I can do anything with so just in case I have a card emergency.


2 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Bold and beautiful Lynn! Such a dramatic colour combination, beautiful job! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Tina said...

Wow, this looks amazing! I'm trying to resist that die, but gorgeous cards like your ar making it hard! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.