Thursday, August 31, 2017

Snowflake Sentiments, FMS303, Christmas card




Play along with Freshly Made sketches this week.  I just got my Snowflake Sentiments bundle and couldn't wait to play with it!  So many more ideas in my head for this bundle! I just love using metallics, but wow are they hard to photograph. Some people seem to have it down, but I sure don't. I tried some new lighting this time and I think it helped some but not enough. I shall keep trying. It's a gorgeous card in person.

Here is the sketch for this week, and click here to go to FMS and see what everyone else has done.

My colors today are Whisper White and Eggplant Envy. Otherwise I used Silver Glimmer paper, Silver foil paper and Silver Embossing powder.
I applied a piece of Adhisive sheet to the back side of a 6x6" piece of glimmer paper, then cut 1/8" strips from it. Instead of cutting the strips the right length, I waited until after I had applied them to the card front, then trimmed to fit and kept the left over pieces for?

I stamped and embossed my sentiment, and cut a full length of the snowflake die then cut one separate to use on the card. Added some Rhinestones and done!  The pieces of strip that overlap each other want to come loose at that point, but they won't come off, it's just that nothing sticks to the front sided of the glimmer paper, so just know that. You could use just the foil CS and it would be really pretty that way too.
Try this on Night of navy too, or maybe a lighter blue.


2 comments:

Amy O said...

All of the sparkle on this is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

How beautiful this is! All that shimmer is spectacular and the colors so elegant. So glad to see you this week at FMS!