Sunday, October 21, 2018

Tin Tile meets Poinsettia, JAI#431


I sat down one day and did up a bunch of different colors using the Tin Tile Embossing folder. If you haven't gotten it yet, you really do need to.  It's absolutly stunning. Anyway, I embossed (tip: spritz with a bit of water before embossing and you'll see a deeper, better pattern.)  I sponged some darker ink on, and also sponged some of the Shimmer paint and they all turned out wonderful.

Here is this weeks challenge at Just Add Ink: 


I decided to use the Smoky Slate one for this challenge.  And yet, the tiny dots of glue are showing on the top of my vellum piece, but they will be gone once the glue dries well, that can take time with the vellum.  The surprise was that I could use the Fine Tip Glue pen on the glimmer paper. I put a drop on each side on the bottom and you can't see at all. I just held it down for a bit and it worked great.  It's really hard to adhire anything to the Glimmer paper.

My colors today are: Lovely Lipstick, Smoky Slate, Very Vanilla and Pear Pizzazz.

I cut the Poinsettia out, then cut a piece of the silver foil out with the Poinsettia frame.  When you get your set, know that the poinsettia cuts a hole in the paper if you just use the detail piece, put the outside frame around it to cut it out for use by its self.  I also cut one of the leaves out with multi purpose paper on the bottom so it would stick down easily.

Any question, just please ask in the comments and I'm happy to answer.



2 comments:

Jan said...

Such a pretty card Lynn! Your tin tiles are simply beautiful and the addition of the shimmer paint adds a whole new effects, And I adore your poinsettia!! The colourful outline over the shiny foil is so striking. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Chantell Randall said...

Your card looks very tactile - with the embossed back ground the poinsettia. Great textured effect. Chantell Just Add Ink