Friday, October 5, 2018

Musical Dashing Deer, #JAI429. Christmas Card



Dashing Deer meets Sheet music background.   I stamped and embossed the sheet music using Silver powder.  Then I watercolored Night of Navy on top.   Used the Stitched Shapes oval for contrast behind my deer, then added my die cut glimmer paper deer.

This is truly a case of messing up making it better. I stamped the sentiment on the piece of vellum using my stamp positioner, then when I cut it down, I messed up and ended up with too much space on one side. I had some of these snowflakes already cut out in Smoky Slate, added two one on top of the other, and used a brad from an old retired set.

Check out all the cards on Just Add Ink this week.




2 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautiful Lynn! I love the use of vellum and the striking navy behind the reindeer. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

ColourmehappyDi said...

lovely card, Lynn. I love all the sparkle & shine. The embossed background adds so much too. Thanks for joining our vellum challenge at Just Add Ink.
Di