Monday, October 22, 2018

Cat in the Woods Christmas, Festive Friday 0019



I had to wrack my brain and dig through my retired stash for todays card. I wanted to use the Festive Friday challenge, but I don't want to make a Halloween card, or a black card, I'm focused on getting my Christmas cards done.  I don't send Halloween cards out, my grands are grown, the youngest are in college.  I do love sending Christmas cards, but I also love making them one at a time, and the challenges are a great way to do that. Click here to check out the challenge, why not come on over and play?



I am going to figure out some way I could have done this better later on, I'm sure, but I think it's kinda cute.   They sure do grow those cats large in the woods tho.

I used, Whisper White, Basic black, Calypso Coral, Pacific Point, Shaded Spruce and Lovely Lipstick.  Also, I used lots of sets going after all the little pieces I wanted. The tree is from Lovely as a tree, you all know that one. The cat is of course the SU Cat punch, I added his santa hat from the retired set Santa's Suit. I have the punch for the santa hat from the Cookies set but it was too large.

The holly on my cat is from Retired Hang your Stockings set, it was the smallest holly that had a die to cut it out.  The Joy sentiment is from our current Snow is Glistening, it is so current, it's going on sale in Nov, just for that month, check it out, it's a fabulous set. A keeper! I'll not be getting rid of it.

Santa with his sleigh in the sky is from Hearts Come Home, it's a carry over set from last year that is in the Annual catalog.

Thanks for checking this out, if there are any questions just ask in the comment section, I'll answer the same way.


3 comments:

Beth McCullough said...

You crack me up Lynn! Maybe it's a black panther in the woods! Your card is very cute! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday :)

NMWatt said...

Hahaha! Lynn! You're so funny! Perhaps the cat is sitting on a hill, overlooking the forest. I love how you used our challenge to get you thinking of a fun, Christmas card design! Way to pull some black into the focal point of your design. Thanks for playing along at Festive Friday. Hopefully we'll see you again next round!

Beth McCullough said...

Congrats Lynn! You are a Festive Friday Fave this week! :)