Saturday, September 2, 2017

With Sympathy card, JAI375, Painted Harvest stamp set


I'm playing along with Just Add Ink 375 today.    I put off getting this set until I just couldn't stand it any longer. I was seeing so many gorgeous cards, and so many ways to use this stamp set!  So, today was the day to give it a try.
Here is this weeks sketch: Click here to check it out.


The sun flower is a 2 step stamp, it and both sets of leaves have 2 stamps, you stamp the first more solid stamp then the 2nd stamp with the details on it. You can use the same color, just stamp the first stamp off onto a piece of paper, then onto your project so that it's lighter.   Here I used Peekaboo Peach with Pumpkin pie details.
Who knew?  Peekaboo Peach is just a much lighter shade of Pumpkin pie.

I originally sat down with a big piece of paper to play with lots of color schemes and see how they looked to select one for my project, but this was my first image and my last, it was perfect.

The DSP is part of the suite for this set, it's called Painted Autumn.   Beautiful images, and with double sided paper if you don't like one side, there is always another. 

The scallop piece is from Seasonal Layers Thinlits, part of the Colorful Seasons bundle right now.

While I'm here posting I wanted to let you know about a new, just announced special from SU. They have a special stamp set they are giving out with a $300 order,  you still get all the benefits from your order, plus this set.   You can place one order for yourself, go in with a few friends, or have a workshop.

Also:
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/kraftycat/



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are very pretty colours and a great stamp set. So much better to see it stamped on a card. I really love the orange you have used on the flower. Chantell Just Add Ink

Jaxx Crafty Creations said...

Fabulous card, Lynn. Love the scalloped edge panel. The sprinkled stamped images around the sunflower are a lovely addition, and such pretty colours. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Nikki Spencer said...

Love seeing this set in action Lynn. Your colours are so vibrant and lovely. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Tina said...

What great colours you've used on your card. I'm trying so hard to resist this stamp set! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.