Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Whimsical Christmas, GDP106


I love whimsy, and there is a bumper crop of whimsical stamp sets in the new Holiday catalog. I fell in love and bought 3 right off.  This one is Mistletow Friends, it's the second one I've used so far. the sentiment is also whimsical and fun.

I used my blender pen and ink pads to color with, but it would be perfect for the color pencils too. I just used the thick Whisper white, but if you are going to use a lot of water, switch that to either watercolor paper or the shimmery white, it has a coating that takes the water better.

I've been experimenting with taking photos different ways when using the metallics.  I laid this one down with a block under the top, it shows much of the gold foil, but the tiny edge of the layer under my Berry Burst looks pretty dark.  Still working on it.

I colored my image first, then die cut, put my 2 layers on top of the White card base, then decided how big I wanted my Gold layer, I did about 2", then my white strip with the sentiment. I put a dimentional right near the flag cut and just a bit of glue on the edge covering the circle. It should stay nice for sending.

Here is the challege for this week:
Click here to check it out.
My colors today are: Berry Burst, Smoky Slate, Powder Pink, Lemon Lime Twist, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb cake.


No comments: