Thursday, September 21, 2017

Peace On Earth. Christmas card 2017


I don't have a challenge card for you today. What I have is a background that I was playing with after watching a tut from Jennifer McGuire and the card was done using the Carols of Christmas bundle.
There are just so many ways to use this set. So many different pieces in both the stamp set and the dies.

I had a great time playing with the background. I used watercolor paper, a brush and some water. I tried Jennifer's little trick of wiping a bit of color on a large block from each of the colors you want to use in your background, onto the block.  Just put the open pad down on the block leaving some color. Wet your brush and play. Be sure to clean your brush between colors.   What you can't see is the glittery spray I used, that is very hard to photograph, I sprayed the whole piece before adding any elements.  I also splattered some water drops and embossed those. They don't show well, but you can see them if you look really close.
But, I think I did manage to capture the embossed sentiment. I use a light coming from the top, which doesn't work well for embossing and glitter, but I laid the card down with a block under the top to raise it a bit and added a second light on the back side.

For some reason when I apply a color lightly, either sponging or watercolor, the lightest areas don't look like there is color, but there is.   The trees were cut out using silver glimmer paper.  It was really an easy and fun card to make.
My colors today are: Pool party, Marina Mist, Emerald envy, Island Indigo.
I do hope I've given you some inspiration.


No comments: