Thursday, July 4, 2019

Healing Vibes, Paper Players challenge #448.


I'm a little late to the party, but I really wanted to join in the Paper Players challenge this week.  I had ideas for the tic tac toe board. 
I thought it would be fun to try out a DSP frame using the Rectangle Stitched Dies.
I used the Subtle embossing folder on my Seaside Spray layer, then added the frames I made. I guess I could have added a whole bunch of flowers, but I tend to like simpler design decisions.
Here is the link to the Paper Players so you can see the challenge and what everyone else did, there are so many beautiful  cards.
  I went for the left side straight down but had across the top as well.

So, I found the 2 sizes of rectangle dies I needed to make the size I wanted, put them on my magnetic platform as even, one inside the other as I could get. The result is a frame with 2 sets of stitching.  I put my ribbon down then layered the frames on top. 
Next I silver embossed the Floral Essence stamped images and punched them out with the punch.
Here is a closer look at the embossing.

You can really see it shine in the photo.   Then I used my Aqua Painter to pick up a bit of color off my ink pad, ( I started with the blue) and mixed with water from the brush in the lid then lightly brushed onto my watercolor paper, silver embossed flowers.  I did the same thing with the Terracotta Tile ink.   I used glue dots to hold the 3 layers together and a dimentional  to attach to the card. 
The butterfly was cut from the retired Botanical Butterfly DSP, sure makes it easy when it's all colored for you.   You can use one of the butterfly stamp sets to stamp and punch out if you don't have the DSP.

Next was the sentiment. I used one from Healing Hugs and used one of the dies from the Stitched Label die set. 
The frames are cut from the new Woven Threads DSP, it's just gorgeous paper!

Thanks for stopping, I hope you enjoyed, if you have questions, please ask in comments and I'll post the answer there as well.


1 comment:

Windy Ellard said...

Love all the elements on your card...the frames are a perfect touch and very creative with the flower! Thanks for playing along with the challenge this week over at The Paper Players!