Monday, July 8, 2019

Birthday Card, Cake is the answer, Just add ink #464


I must say, Granny Apple Green is not a color I am fond of. I know many, many people who love it, but at one time I would have told you I didn't really like green at all.   But I have come a long way.  I just love the other green on here, Soft Seafoam, and a couple others, Mint Macaron, Mossy Meadow to name a couple.
So, before we go any further, here is the link to the challenge and the challenge picture for this week.


Besides the challenge colors, I used this challenge to CASE the catty. Page 64 in the new annual catty, you will see this using the Piece of Cake stamp set.  I have made a few small changes, but the idea is there. I decided to use the Tin Tile embossing folder, and it think it worked very well for me.   Flirty Flamingo is such a pretty color, I went for that option  for my background. An instead of the Rectangle stitched dies, I used one of the new Stitched Nested dies, I think it added a little more fun to the card.
BTW, this card is going out to my daughter for her birthday this month.

I stamped and punched the cakes out using the punch, but then did have a bit of fussy cutting to put them together.  I colored using my Water color pencils, they seem to work very well on smaller spaces.  I used my stamp positioner for the cake topper and it worked great, the topper of flowers sits right on top with no gap.

I also used a retired Galvanized metal paper for the plate.   I just got out whatever greenery I have close by to pop under the die cut piece.  The tiny flowers is a tiny punch, retired, but I have a while bunch of these tiny punches.   You just never know when you will need a tiny flower, or heart or candle ect. I finished off with the little punched flowers, putting silver pearls in the centers.  I think the folded ribbon gave it a nice elegant look.


3 comments:

Chantell Randall said...

I love all the elements you have on your card. The little flowers dotted around are very sweet and work well with the flowers on the cake. I really like the Label die you have used for your center panel - perfect for your cake image. Chantell Just Add Ink

KimB said...

What a lovely celebration of cake and flowers Lynn. I love you have pulled all the colours from your foliage to add delicate hints of colour to your cake. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Jan said...

Lots of details to love on your card, Lynn. I love how you've used the nested die for your focus and then layered your beautiful cake to fit. And the tile background and satin ribbon add a lovely sense of elegance too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.