Thursday, September 18, 2014

Stampin Up, Pals Paper Arts Challenge 220

Todays PPA challenge is a sketch challenge.   I challenged my fellow demos this week to use a stamp set they haven't used before for one of the challenges they do.  This was easy for me, I just got this set and the idea just popped into my head.  I love when it's easy. I almost put patterned paper instead of the embossing on the background, but this worked better for me.

I love using embossing folders in different ways, this one is easy, just use your brayer to put color from your ink pad onto one side of the embossing folder then emboss the card as usual.

Colors used today are: Whisper White, one of the new incolors Mossy Meadow, and Tangerine Tango.  To add a little interest I used some linen thread looped around and just the tip of the large grunge stamp in Gorgeous Grunge.

Here is the sketch for this week:
So, come on over and join in the fun, doing challenges can really help you grow in your crafting.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute card, Lynn!! I have not used this set yet either!! So much to use and so little time to do so, LOL... Thanks for joining this week's PPA sketch challenge!!

Dawn Tidd said...

I love those little pumpkins, Lynn! They're perfect for this sketch. That embossing looks awesome with the pumpkins too, great idea! Thanks for joining us this week!

Cindy Hall said...

LOVE this card, Lynn! Great use of the sketch by clustering the pumpkins. I love the dimension and the linen thread is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

TenSGal said...

Your cards always looks so professional and polished. So pretty, Lynn!

Susan Itell said...

Hi Lynn! GREAT card...this is one of my favorite stamp sets and the framelits...wonderful! Many thanks for the tip on using the brayer - something I forget to do! Thanks for sharing your talent with us.