Saturday, September 27, 2014

Quick and Simple Sat, Sept 27.


This is my card for todays Quick and Simple Saturday. I know some may not think it's very simple because of the layers, but I put this together in just 10 min.  It's just one stamp set and no punching or die cuts.
I used Whisper White, Gold, Lost Lagoon, and Pool Party for my colors.  I hadn't used this tree from the Festival of Trees stamp set yet and it's so cool that I had to finally use it.   You do get a bargain if you buy the bundle, but you don't have to, the stamp set and the punch are each able to do plenty on their own.
I thought the Lucky stars embossing folder did a nice extra background, but this same card would look great without it.
One of the little things I'm wanting to do with this folder is to use a darker blue and after embossing, run my brayer over the stars with white ink. Think stars at night.

Hopefully I have given you some ideas of your own, but feel free to CASe, (Copy and share everything), the SU moto.  I'd be honored.

No comments: