Monday, May 27, 2013

Mojo Monday 295 SU birthday card



Here we are, another Mojo Monday. I anxiously look forward to getting up on Monday mornings now, Mojo monday is partly responsible for that, but being retired doesn't hurt either.

As much as possible I'm using my DSP pads, these are retiring and new ones will be out in a few days. I have loved these, and I sure hate to see them go, but some of the colors have changed and we have some new patterns in the new pads. Meanwhile, I have found them to be an extremely cost effective addition to cards and I love them.
I used the Make a wish set for the birthday cake, I love this cake, it came out in the Spring Catalog and is staying in the new one.

The embossing folder is in the new catalog so a sneak peek for you, it's an interesting folder, you get a different but equally neat look no matter which side of the paper you use after embossing.

On with the basics.
Colors:
Very Vanilla
Cherry Cobbler
Crumb Cake

Supplies:
Make a Wish  (129222) clear (131928) Wood
Regals Collect Designer Series Pad  (117154)
Modern Mosic embossing folder  (129984) available May 31
Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding (120992)
Sentiment-Petite Pairs (122497) clear (128706) wood

This card is going to my grand daughter in law, her birthday is just a few days away. Gotta say tho, scares the heck out of me that at anytime I could be great-grandma! Shudder.

I have a question for you.  I'd really like to know what your favorite color combos are, seems like sometimes it's hard to decide. I have my favorite colors, but It's nice to other color combos for other people and it can be difficult.
Also, after June 3rd, look here for some great buys on retired DSP and Stamp sets.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Very pretty. I love the reds!