Thursday, August 16, 2012

PPA 141 Thank You card




I have a wonderful lady who invited me to do a class for her and some friends. They were only vacationing here and we had a wonderful time.  I thought it would be really nice to just send her a little thank you. Now, I haven't ever done a workshop that I didn't have fun at, but this was a special
good time.
So, I had been playing with embossing folders the other day and had these two made up, so decided to use them. I hope you enjoy.
 To get the color on the background of the embossed piece, I inked up my brayer using my Marina Mist ink pad, then rolled it across the background side of the folder before embossing. I am loving this idea and it looks great.

I used Marina Mist CS and Ink, and Daffodil Delight along with Whisper White. I also used the Dots and Petals embossing folders and the Hostess set Wacky Wishes for the sentiment.  I rounded the corners on the bottoms of my strips and used a piece of Midnight Muse stitched ribbon, and the Decorative Label punch, I just love that punch!



1 comment:

Dawn Tidd said...

Very pretty! At first I thought you had done white embossing. I love the colors too.