Monday, August 6, 2012

Mojo Monday 253

I love this weeks sketch and I had never done a skewed card before, so I just couldn't wait to try.
Isn't that a fun sketch? So now here is my take on it.
I needed a birthday card and decided to try a color I hadn't used yet, it's from the new Incolors for 2012-2014, Primrose Petals. Otherwise I used Whisper white, and the Designer series paper patterns stack in Neutrals and inked the edges in basic gray.
I used a 2 1/2" circle punch and one of the Floral Frames Framelits.  The stamp is from the Hostess set Priority Mail which has lots of assorted cute stamps all in various shapes. It's a great all around set. For the tag I just cut a piece of white, after cutting it the size I wanted measured the center on the back side and put a pencil dot then just cut from each corner to the dot and inked it to stand out a bit. I used and Easy Events birthday stamp, it comes with it's own graphic, but I used my sponge to pick up ink from the pad, the new pads are wonderful for this stuff, they are so juicy, and just inked the sentiment. I cute the eat cake with my postage punch and we are done.
I hope you enjoy it and it helps to give you ideas as well.
Have a wonderful week!
 

2 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your monochromatic b-day card! The new SU ink pads really are a great improvement. Great use of the mojo sketch!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Lynn! Love the embossed flower! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!