Saturday, August 11, 2012

Christmas is coming, Christmas is coming.



And I'm going to be ready. I've already gotten some of my Christmas stamps and punches. More on my list, but I have enough to get started. Today I started thinking. I wanted to make a tag, but I wanted it to be different. One of my favorite things to do is use something for a purpose it was not intended.
So, I started playing, and I ended up using a framelit from the Apothecary accents set. I cut my piece and just put the one end under the cutting blade and ran it through my Big Shot. I love the tag top I got from that! I started on my tag using Crumb Cake ink and the Joy stamp in Priority Mail a fun Hostess stamp set.
Then I got to playing with my ink and sponges, sponged on Bashful Blue and Primrose Petals ink.
I used some of the elements from Watercolor Winter from the Holiday Catty, a bit of holly and just bits of the pointsettia, and with the Bashful blue I stamped on a few snowflakes from Four Seasons stamp set.After I finished with all the inking, I used my embossing pad and inked up the whole tag with it, then used clear embossing power and heated. This is giving it some gloss and texture.
I put a piece of vellum across the tag and added on some Merry Minis, stamped then punched and placed on using Stampin Dimensionals. At the bottom I put some silver brads from the neutrals package.
Yes, this took a while, not something I'd do for all my packages, but if you are in the mood to play, they are fun to do and would be extra nice for those special gifts. When I worked at a Christian school we did a Secret Sister exchange and one of the most fun things about that was the beautiful wrappings we all did. I think we looked forward to that more then the gifts inside.
Hope you weekend is grand, get some stamping in.


1 comment:

TenSGal said...

Very pretty...looks very Tim Holtz-ish!

Susan