Friday, April 28, 2017

One more Birthday card, Just Add Ink #357


I have lots of birthdays this time of year.  Hubby, Me, grandsons, a brother who passed away at age 30, how do you send a card?  Such a long time ago, but I always think about him this time of year.

I think I need the Motorbike set for him, he loved them and was the mechanic for his group for all the motorcycles.
This one is a bit feminine for him however, I do tend to love those kinds of cards.  I'm afraid I was pulling down sets all over the place for this card, it's just like that sometimes.  I even got out the Papillion Potpourri set.  It's been in the catalog for a long time, mine is old enough it's still in the old style case. I need to get it out more, such a pretty set, but :( the bitty butterfly punch used here is retiring.   I'm keeping mine, along with this set and the bold butterfly dies and the Butterflies thinlits.

Anyway, Just Add Ink had a color challenge this week. Some great colors! Go here to check it out.


I have to admit, Sahara Sand is my least favorite color in the SU line up.  I do have a pack of the CS, just so in case I need it, but I've never gotten the ink. Sometimes I think I should, but more interesting things come up to purchase. Don't tell on me though.

I wish I could give you sizes for all of my layers, but I am an eyeballer.   My card base is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", open at the bottom.  and from there I just started cutting pieces and trimming until the fit the way I liked.


5 comments:

HJ said...

This is a beautiful card, Lynn. I love the design and the butterflies as always on trend. Enjoy your day!

Christine Blain said...

Lynn, this is a beautifully elegant card! I just love the glorious butterfly that is the focal point of your card, and really like how you've arranged leaves underneath the stitched square. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Anonymous said...

I love the details on your card - you have used the Colours and Die cuts well. The composition of the card is well balanced. Chantell Just Add Ink

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautifully created Lynn. The colours are a lovely balance and the design is great, love the leaves too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add ink.

Patrice said...

Go on, get the ink. You'll be surprised at how versatile Sahara Sand is as a neutral. Your card is lovely, Lynn. Love the leaves coming out from behind the square panel and the way you've coloured that beautiful butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x