Monday, April 17, 2017

Hope You are feeling special, GDP083


So, how can you not play along when the theme for the week is bling?  I love bling. Actually, I think I'm severely short of bling items, I'll have to do something about that.
When I started to think about what I could do, watercoloring came to mind, with either embossing over top or foil or glimmer paper.  Glimmer won out, and I had not used this large butterfly before, so figured it was about time!  I've used the rest of the butterflies often, just not this big guy, but I think he is just the right touch.

I added some sequins, just some retired ones laying around, but seems like there  are always some in the catalog lately, just some gold and silver would work great.
The sentiment came from  the Garden in Bloom stamp set.

Colors today are: Sweet Sugarplum, Peekabo Peach and Flirty Flamingo with a Whisper White base.
I used watercolor paper for my watercoloring face piece.





5 comments:

Global Design Project Design Team said...

Such a pretty card Lynn. Loving the watercolour background and the stunning silver glimmery butterfly is perfect over the top. Thanks for sharing your project in the Global Design Project gallery this week.

Vicky W said...

Love your card Lynn, especially the background & that gorgeous glittery butterfly

Natalie Lapakko said...

This is such a stunning card! I love the colors of the wash! The glimmer butterfly looks so pretty! Thanks for the inspiration!

Susan K said...

Your card caught my eye in the gallery at GDP and I had to get a closer look! That sparkly, glitter butterfly not only fits the theme, it's gorgeous and makes a beautiful card! The background sets a nice stage. Can't wait to CAse this! TFS.

Valgerdur R. said...

Lovely colors and contrast of the glimmer pop of butterfly! A visual treat!