Monday, March 3, 2014

Mojo Monday 335, Happy Easter

Gray and pink are just so pretty together. I thought it made for a great easter card.
The Eastern Elegance DSP added just the right touch of Smoky Slate with Blushing Bride as the pink.

Here is your sketch this week. You should consider playing along, there are prizes involved this week. Each month, the first monday of the month prizes are given out on the Mojo web site. 
To my way of thinking, challenges really help you up your game with your card making.

So, our palette today is Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Blushing Bride.
I layered the DSP over the layer of Basic gray for contrast, then used my Squares Collection Framelits for my square layers. I cut the flowers out of Creped Filter Paper using the Bigz L Fun die, but you could use any of a number of flower punches SU has as well. I think the Bigz die cuts them a bit cleaner tho.

I used Best of Flowers anniversary stamp set for the center stamped flower, then added some blops using one of the stamps from Gorgeous Grunge.

After cutting your Creped filter paper you spritz them with water to wet them, I also at that point used my stamp pad to add some color, then scrunched them up and allowed to dry, first using a brad to hold them together in the center, after dry I added them to my card and made the banner using the sentiment from Delightful Dozen.

I sure hope you enjoyed this one, and thanks for stopping by.  Click on any of the photos of product to be taken to my store where you can check them out for more info and purchase if you choose.


2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just scrumptious! Beautiful card!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just scrumptious! Beautiful card!