Friday, March 28, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge 129, Happy Birthday card


I think this is my second or third time to try this challenge. They like cards that are clean, often I do that, but often I grunge it up some too. 
I am doing better and able to stand longer, so I hope I'll be back in full pretty soon, feels pretty good to be able to do more.  I have 4 more PT visits and I'm back at Curves working out some.

I was reminded that we may be loosing Raspberry Ripple soon, it depends if SU picks it up as a reg color or not for the new catty, so I decided I would try to use it and Midnight Muse more for the next couple months, those are the two colors from this incolor set that I really love. I hope they keep them, but we shall see.

I used the Very Vintage wheel on Whisper White CS, trimmed and glued down, then just added the white with the Happy Birthday from Perfectly Penned in Pear Pizzazz and added the Raspberry Ripple stitched satin ribbon.

I stamped the Flower shop stamp on Vellum and layered it over one cut out in white CS, it gave it a softer look, added the Petite Petals on top and a candy dot for a center and my card was done. Pretty quick and simple.

Just a reminder, Monday is the last day for the free goodies from SAB, so if you have your eye on something from that brochure, be sure to get it ordered.



2 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

This is lovely! The script background and flower go so well together! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is pretty! What a pretty colour combo and I just the stamps you've used! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!