Thursday, March 20, 2014

PPA 196, Birthday Card

My trees are in bloom already and it's starting to look like spring in the desert. I have to say, this might now have been the place I'd have chosen to spend the later years of my life, but in the spring it is just gorgeous.

So, I put a little spring in my card for the Pals Paper Arts challenge. If you would like to join in just click the PPA link in my right side bar, you will see many more cards based on this sketch.

I'm using So Saffron, I think it's my favorite yellow, so soft with a hint of gold. I also used Perfect Plum,  Old Olive and a touch of Tangerine tango.

Love, love, love this Hardwood background stamp, it just works so well for so many things, here it's the fence for the flowers to grow against.
The sentiment is from See Ya Later, if you like this set now is the time to get it, it's one of the free sets with a $50 order from any current product. This special ends the last day of March so time is getting short.

I added Candy dots to hold down my greeting and used the Bitty Butterfly for accent with rhinestones for bling.

To purchase any of these items, or just to look around or get more info, just click on one of the photos below.
Thanks so much for stopping by. I sure would love to hear what you have to say about my card.


11 comments:

Goldie said...

Wow ! Just wow! Now I want backyard basics and hardwood so I can case this card.

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous Lynn! Love the springiness of it - I am ready for warmer temps!

Lynn Hoyt said...

Ohhh, thank you for the awesome comment! Means the world to me when people like something I've done. I have to say, I really didn't want this set, but I wanted to do something that I felt it was the best set for so I ordered. So glad I did.

Unknown said...

I have those sets and I am totally CASEing this card. It is wonderful, Lynn! Great job!!!

Sheila said...

Very nice!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful spring/birthday card. Love the colors and pretty design. Great job with the sketch.

Unknown said...

thanks for the awesome inspiration!! just got these framelits...now just need the hardwood stamp.

Lynn Hoyt said...

Rosemarie, let me know if I can be of help to you. I've been quite suprised at how often I use this set.

TenSGal said...

Just gorgeous, Lynn! love the colors!

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful, Lynn! a fabulous card for spring!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! Congrats on your PPA win, too!