Thursday, March 27, 2014

Stampin Up PPA 197 birthday card

I had a little trouble with this weeks PPA card. Occasionally I feel like I'm just not up for the challenge and that's how I felt about this card.  I'd really like your feed back, if you can leave me a comment telling me what you do or don't like. Or what you think could have made it better, I'll send you the card.
Just know, Blogger doesn't give me a way to email back so my replies are in my comments.

I used Pear Pizzazz and Elegant Eggplant along with Whisper White.  I borrowed Peggy Noe's idea for the scallop Tag punch
I used Timeless Talk for the sentiment, and Tea Party for the image.  After using 2 of the embossing folder for Needlepoint Border, I added the Chevron  and Taffeta Ribbons.

The square under the tags is from the Designer Series Paper Stack in Regals, and I used one of the square framelits. If you think you don't need these, think again. It's great for something like this where it was so easy to choose the exact size. Also super for cutting a square out of a square or other shape, think frame.

I sponged some of the green ink on the white tag and went around and inked the edges too.

Cut 2 butterflies, one flat and one lifted for effect, adding 3 tiny rhinestones.

Come play along, it's a great way to up your abilities and get some cards done. And you never know who will be choosen any given week.

So, thanks for stopping by and I'll be waiting for those comments.



6 comments:

Peggy Noe said...

Lynn, this is GORGEOUS!! I've never seen those two colors together but how pretty they are! I'm going to try them on one of my cards if you don't mind :-) Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

Patt H. said...

I think this is a lovely card! Especially your color combo. Looks like you put a lot of time into this one & it is beautiful!

Beth Beard said...

Oh Lynn...I am such a sucker for polka dots! I also like the color combo you chose...very nice! Thanks for playing along this week with us! I so enjoy seeing all your creations!

Michelle Quinno said...

Such a pretty card, as always, Lynn!

Lynn Hoyt said...

Thanks everyone, for such nice comments. Peggy, I'd be honored if you CASED anything I did.
I got my inspiration from something I saw in a mag I think.

Margaret said...

I love the color combination! I also like the tag trend - and inking the edge was a perfect touch.