Thursday, February 27, 2014

PPA 193 Sketch Challenge


Welcome!  I had to ponder this sketch for quite a while before it started coming together in my head.
I love, love, love, the Watercolor Wonder DSP, and the background for the butterflies came from that pack.  I picked up the 2 other colors from that piece of DSP, Daffodil Delight and Island Indigo.

I wanted to use the  larger butterfly punch with the petite butterfly punch on top, however I'd have had to cut my strip and piece it in to use a punch. So, I took the Butterfly die cut from Backyard Basics and used that, then put my Petite butterflies on top.

The Backyard basics is still available as a bundle at the special price until the new main catalog comes out, if you like it, now is the time, or it will have to be purchased as a separate stamp set and die set.

The sentiment came from Perfect Pennants, in the Occasions catalog, you have until June 1st on that one, however, until March 31st, for every $50 you purchase you can choose something from the Sale a Bration brochure. There is some neat stuff in there.

After doing my layering, putting on my tiny butterflies and stamping my sentiment, I sponged on a bit of the Daffodil Delight here and there for some interest.

I hope you enjoyed, click on any of the items below to be take to my store where you can get more info on the products, download catalogs or purchase.
And as always, thanks for stopping by.

Check out the Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge, you can click on my link on the right side of the page and please consider playing with us.



6 comments:

Sandie C said...

What a lvoely card. TFS

Diane Roberts said...

Lynn, this card is absolutely beautiful! Love the butterflies.

Michelle Quinno said...


Beautiful card, as always, Lynn!

Brian King said...

Beautiful, Lynn! The Watercolor Wonder paper looks so wonderful behind the butterfly punches! Nice eye! Thanks for playing along with this week's PPA challenge.

Lynn Hoyt said...

Thank you Sandie C, Diane, Mamichelle and Brian! How sweet of you to leave me comments.

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty, Lynn! What a clever way to create the butterflies! I probably would not have thought to use the framelit. Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts this week!