Saturday, August 7, 2021

Christmas Rose, #FMS497

 

Merry Christmas.   I know you think it's early, but I make everyone a different card each year. I just love making them, so It takes me months to get done. There are just so many gorgeous, fun sets to use.

This one is done with a challenge from Freshly made sketches.  Hop on over and check out all the lovely cards from the team.

 I just love the traditonal  colors of Christmas, occasionally I'll use something a bit different and toss in a bit of purple or? But mostly I love the greens, reds and metallics. And I love this new embossing folder, it can be used all year long, but is especially neat for Christmas I think. 

 The stamp set here is retired, put I never got the chance to use it enough and it's one of a kind I think.  It seemed the perfect set for this card, it's called Christmas Rose.  

I used Real red, Soft succulent, white and gold embossing. I also used little pieces of the new free glimmer paper, it's called Be Dazzling and comes in 6x6,  in the SAB right now, it was the perfect framing for my flower.

 

The embossing folder is new and is  in the Holiday Mini, it's called Merry Melody 3D embossing folder. 

I considered sponging some color around the rose group on the embossing folder, and altho I love that look, it just seemed perfect without. 

I hope I was able to get you some ideas. Thanks for stopping. 

1 comment:

Cécile RIBON said...

This Christmas Rose is absolutely gorgeous! I love the gold embossing and the bright red. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.