Thursday, February 25, 2021

Wonderful Romance, Just wanted to say

 


As a Stampin Up demo, most of what I buy in the stamping field is from Stampin Up.  But, I've always been a crafter so I'm always looking at what everyone is doing.   I get reg emails from several sources, often I find product SU doesn't have that looks like fun.  What started as make up brushes has come over to stamping now. I had that first for elsewhere.  SU wisely decided to carry them too, they are fab if you haven't tried them.

I remember when I first started stamping. There wasn't much to be had besides stamps. Stampers would buy lots of different things from all kinds of strange places to use.  One I remember well was from the lumber yard.  It was a product meant to tape walls together and it started showing up on cards. It was a lot of fun back then, but stamping has only gotten better and more fun.

So, I saw a card from one of my mailings that hit a nerve, and this is my take from it. It's not the same anything, it just spoke to me and I went off with an idea. The stamp set here is retired, but it's very much a favorite of mine, it's called Wonderful Romance and has matching dies. There are extra pieces to cut, but I liked it simple this time. 

I used Mango Melody, Soft Seafoam, Gorgeous Grape and white.  

My top layer of card stock was embossed using the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder. I love that it lets you add something subtle so your eye is drawn to the center.    I just stamped and embossed on vellum and softly colored on the back side adding my purple centers on the front.  I love the little extra that the dots give to the design. 

This is going out as an Easter card this year. Just got 3 or 4 more to go.

Thanks for stopping.

1 comment:

Hilda Burton said...

Lynn, this is a beautiful card. I love all the elements. Thanks for your tips on how you made it. Enjoy your day!