Sunday, February 28, 2021

Butterfly Easter card, Freshly Made Sketches #474

 


I'm working on my Easter cards. And I'm doing them a little different this year, the Easter sentiment in inside, and I'm making them pretty spring cards with a simple message on the front. 

One great way to get started is using a challenge, so this one is for this weeks Freshly Made Sketches.

Hop on over to see what everyone else made.
 

I'm using a retired die set for my butterfly, Butterfly thinlits, and Bold butterfly.  I've kept it because I just love the whole set along with a couple other pieces like a stamp set and 2 punches with butterflies. 

The floral die is from the Ornate Border Dies, a gorgeous set of border with an equally pretty stamp set.  

My colors are: Rococo Rose, So Saffron, and white. I watercolored a piece of watercolor paper using my ink pads and water brush, and cut the top part of the big butterfly out of that, then punched the 2 little ones out of the left over.

I used the Noble Peacock Rhinestones on my large butterfly, and reg rhinestones on the two little ones. 

I hope I have inspired you some. Thanks for stopping.

 

2 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so beautiful! I love the floral die cut that you used for the horizontal layer and the butterfly is a beautiful accent. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Judy Rozema said...

How lovely this is! That middle strip is gorgeous. Thank you for joining in our sketch challenge this week at FMS!