Monday, January 27, 2014

Mojo Monday 330, Happy Birthday


Today I needed a Birthday card, my oldest grandson will be the recipient. I missed it by a couple days, so hope he doesn't hold that against me, but it's going in the mailbox in just a few min.

Todays sketch called for a tall narrow card, mine is 5 1/2"x 3 3/4".
The Birthday Basics DSP (130145) brightened it up a lot and I used my envelop liner framelits to make the inside piece for the envelop to match, just adds a touch of class.

I used my Core'dinations in Baked Brown Sugar for the layer over the base Very Vanilla. I used sandpaper to get that great look.  Along side that is the Birthday basics and on top of both Gumball green stitched satin ribbon.  I got to use my new Hardwood stamp for the first time, love it! Look at the great groves it gives, it is just Baked brown sugar with the same color ink on top.

The sentiment is from Delightful Doz, and was cut using one of the dies from the Circle framelits. (130911), the green under it was using the 2 1/2" circle punch, it gave me a narrower green for the framing.
Here is the sketch.  Come play along, it's a lot of fun.


Hope you enjoyed this one, come back and visit again soon.
To order please Click HERE


3 comments:

Debi said...

A real stand out! Great for a boy. Love that you did the envelope too.

Lynn Hoyt said...

Thank you so much Debi

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is just darling! Love that balloon paper!