Monday, May 26, 2014

Thank You, Mojo Monday 347

Todays card is dedicated to all those who have lost their lives fighting for their country.   I do what I can for those still in the service of this country, but it just never seems like enough.  So many programs are on going though if you would like to help.
Operation Write Home is one near and dear to my heart. Very simply it is hand made cards sent to our troops to be sent home to their loved ones. Seems like a small thing, but it's important to them.

Another one I enjoy doing is Green Beans Coffee, for just a couple bucks you have send a special cup of coffee to a service member over seas. Google either of those for details.

I played with my clay today, I haven't done that for a very long time. I made buttons to put on a couple cards. This one is Pacific Point and Real red. I used my brayer and ink pad to put ink on one side of the embossing folder then ran it though normally.   You get a different effect depending on which side of the folder you use. It's simple and the folder and brayer wash off easily with water.

The sentiment is a photopolymer Thank You set called Another Thank You Stamp Set.  And the star is one of 3 cute little images in the new set called Something To say. That one will be available June 2nd.  There is also a little punch pack for those images in the new catalog.    The red ribbon I'm afraid is retired.

Thanks for stopping by today, I'd love to hear what you think. Did you loose someone special that was off fighting for the country? My prayers go out to all of you.


2 comments:

365 Days of Donna said...

Very sweet card, Lynn!

Tehachap said...

Nice card. Did you sand the background paper after you ran it through the embossing machine?