Friday, June 25, 2021

Summer Fun, Freshly Made Sketches #491, Sailing Home

 


Inspiration for this comes from the Freshly made sketches challege.   And since it's not only summer but a record high heat summer here in AZ, it seems fitting. Just wish I could be on one of those boats.

For the Background I used DSP from Sand and Sea DSP pack. Looks so much like ocean doesn't it? I thought about putting in some sand and beach area, but I felt like it would need a larger card to pull that off well. But I do love these sailing ships.  

Colors are Seaside Spray, (retired), White and a bit of Balmy Blue Blend, and Basic gray with a touch of Smoky Slate.  The red on the ships is also a blend.  

I feel cooler already!  Hop on over and check out all the lovely cards from the staff and players, bet you'll find some you just have to case. 


2 comments:

Kim S said...

Such a beautiful scene you have created! I love the background paper you used - it definitely looks like the ocean! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Linda Callahan said...

I love Seaside Pray! That paper is the perfect backdrop for your scene! Beautiful card!