Friday, June 11, 2021

Expressions in Ink, #fms489, Thinking of you

 


I used a few different sets on this one. The main flower is from the Hand Penned bundle, Penned Flower dies. 

For inspiration, I've used the Freshly Made Sketches challenge .

My friend and team mate Linda is hosting this week and I do love playing along especially when she does.

I choose the gold striped paper from the Expressions in Ink DSP pack, I realized the back side was also perfect for my flower die cut. But do I use up 2 pieces of the very special paper? Nope, found a work around. I cut my die out of the middle of my 6x6 sheet, then cut down the rest of the piece to fit my card for the striped side. 

This is also a good tip for using papers like the foils and glimmers to get the most out of them.

Lots of the SU sets have dots and or blotches, I just pulled one out the size I wanted and stamped in my corner. Then I put down my previously cut main flower set, added in the small flowers top and bottom corners.  I colored the rhinestones using the Soft Succulent Blend.  Sentiment is from Inspired Thoughts stamp set. The rest of the colors I used are:Evening Evergreen, White, Pale Papaya. 

Thanks for stopping by.
 

1 comment:

Linda Callahan said...

This is so pretty…..I love the elegance the gold adds! And Pale Papaya is my favorite new color! You made my sketch look fabulous!