Sunday, June 13, 2021

Play time, Vellum and embossing folder

 

I have 2 cards for you today. Both done the same way pretty much, but both a bit different.  They are both done with the new Pretty Flowers embossing folder. On this one I ran by brayer over my Gorgeous Grape ink pad then onto the back side, (the background side) of the EF, leaving the color between the flowers.  

The inspiration comes from a card posted by Patty Bennett!!! It was too gorgeous not to try it.    https://www.pattystamps.com/2021/06/pretty-flowers-embossing-folder-with-vellum-video.html

I used Highland Heather card stock for my base and the same for the ribbon, ribbon is retired.  Then I glued my vellum piece to a white piece of card stock the same size.  I have to say, I did a whole set of wedding invits on vellum for my grandson, so I had to find some way to glue them that didn't show. This was the only way I found, simply a 2 way glue pen, the felt tip one works great.

When I did these I just ran a line of glue around the edges, then I put my ribbon on and attached to the base card.  The 3 Gorgeous Grape jewels worked great on the little tag.   Pretty quick and easy. 

 


 A bit more to this one, but not much. Emboss the vellum, then using the blender brushes, pick up color from your ink pad and gently brush on. I used Flirty Flamingo, Soft Succulent and Mango Melody. 

The sentiment is from Elegantly Said, die cut and I found the leaf somewhere and cut one. I'm always rooting through my stamp sets looking for something to use when I get an idea. 

 


No comments: