Saturday, February 15, 2020

New play with the Whitewash technique, Freshly Made Sketches challenge #422


Someone please tell me why I didn't try the whitewash technique before! It's right up my alley and my play today was so much fun!  In addition, I've not been really liking Gray Granite, but wow oh wow, whitewash on gray granite?!  Gorgeous!!!
So, head over to fms#422 and see what else is there.
This weeks challenge host is my friend Linda, and I'm skidding in at the last min to get my card in, I really do try to at least do Linda's sketches.   And this weeks is so easy and fun!   
I used the Perennial Essence stamps for this, no  need for the dies this time.  And used a piece of the Perennial Essence DSP as well.   Planned my colors to match the DSP.

Colors are: Whisper White, Gray Granite, Blackberry Bliss and Mossy Meadow.  I also used the white pad and white embossing powder to make my flowers and my aqua painter and ink pad to fill in with white and then a bit of Blackberry bliss.

I hope you enjoy.


3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I am going to have to look up the whitewash technique because those flowers are gorgeous! And you are right.....beautiful with Gray Granite! Thanks for making my sketch look so good!

Amy O said...

Those flowers are so soft and pretty! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Oh, now this is wonderful! Also, I'm going to be there with Linda giving this a go. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!