Saturday, November 2, 2019

Peace, A Christmas card. Freshly Made Sketches #409


I joined SU in May of 2012, in June the new annual catalog came out and we started a year of celebration for SU's 25th year.   Each month there was a new stamp set, each were a compilation of past best of images.  This Nativity is one in a set of 4 Christmas designs from the past, now past once again. LOL

I decided recently that I had so many stamp sets that it was impossible to even think about using any of the older sets, there were just too many.  So, I sold a bunch and kept just my favorites that I couldn't bare to part with.  This was one.

I used a piece of DSP from the Toile Tidings DSP.  Red on one side and green on the other for all the patterns in this set.   Other then that I just used Very Vanilla  and Garden Green Cardstock.   Also, I embossed using the new metallic stamp pad in Copper and Copper embossing powder, and Copper foil for my scallop oval and sentiment. 
I just sprinkled on a few tiny pearls for accent.

If you are looking to purchase the retired stamp set it's called Best of Christmas 2013. I'm not sure anyone has it still to sell, but you never know.
So, here is a link to the FMS#409 sketch challenge that inspired me this week.  

And here is a photo of the stamp set.
Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Jen Brum said...

What a sweet card! Love that nativity and the bright green background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful design for the holidays! Glad you joined us at FMS!