Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Christmas Blessings, FMS#353


Are you ready for Christmas card making yet?   The new Holiday catalog goes live today, and it's a fabulous one.
However, I pulled down a carryover set from last year, mostly because it came to mind as soon as I saw the sketch and because I really love it. Such a simple and true meaning of Christmas.
Here is the sketch for this week.

The DSP I used for the background is part of a brand new pack.  It's available for free, just place a $250 order, or have a $250 workshop, or run around gathering orders from friends and ask your demo to help you place it.

I'm not sure you can see the Subtle embossing that I did on the black, maybe if you click on it to bring it closer.  But it shows very well in person and it's in the new Annual catalog.  You'll find some neat embossing folders in the new Holiday catty as well, the favorite of which for demos is the Tin Type folder.
I wanted this to stay simple, to that end I only used Black, white and Silver except for the ribbon. I really like how it turned out.
I used the silver foil for the star and the square around the image and a sliver in the sentiment area.

Thanks for stopping by.


3 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

This is a lovely card. The silhouette image is so beautiful and truly representative of the season. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a pretty card! I love that stamp set! Definitely one of my favourites for Christmas! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the simple beauty of this card!