Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Thinking Of You, Global Design Project #127


I've never been an orange person.  Pastels are more to my liking.  But I find myself using Calypso Coral quite a bit. It's in a lot of our DSP right now, but also, it's got a good bit of pink in it with I find pleasing.
I'm playing along with GDP this week.  They are focasing on the SAB catalog for this challenge. 

So, I'm using my favorite image in that little salebration catalog. I know you have probably seen this plenty, everyone seems to like it and it's been done all kinds of ways, including by me.  
Doing it up like this makes for a very pretty and very quick card.    I picked this color because of the DSP I used  behind the main image, it's from the Petal Garden 6" DSP Stack. If you want something softer, you could use the Sweet Sugarplum piece that has the same design or you could use the darker Rich Razzleberry ink for a darker image in the same color.  Either would work well, it also come in other colors in the DSP.

I used a 4 1/4"x 5 1/2 " card base then cut my image piece square at 4 1/4"x4 1/4".  I cut the DSP at 4 1/4"x4 5/8" so it comes out just a bit beyond the images on the sides. I wrapped the 1/4" Organza ribbon and made my bow.     The sentiment is copper embossing.

BTW, Stampin Up is having a little Paper Pumpkin celebration.  If you sign up for PP by the 10th of March, you will get a special kit with a special surprise.   I'd love to tell you want that is, but they don't tell us either. LOL.



No comments: