Sunday, January 7, 2018

Be Creative, #TGIF141


I haven't played with this must have set for a long time. A lot of my stamp sets were put aside for the Christmas season. I'm pretty much focused on Christmas cards from the time the new Holiday catalog comes out, in order to get enough done for sending.  I think next year, I'll make 2 of each one when I do them and get done that much faster, I'll get them sent earlier and have more time to do other cards and projects.

This one is going out to my friend who's husband is on hospice. It's been a long time and as much as she wants to get in her stamp room, she isn't taking care of herself.  I worry about her as she needs to take her mind off everything for a bit each day so she doesn't feel so overwhelmed.

Here are the challenge colors:

For my background I used Fresh Florals DSP. It comes in the new incolors and the designs are gorgeous.
I cut it slightly smaller then my card base, then layered white on the center to place my design on.
I first used my Aqua brush to pick up color from my ink pad.  Just squeeze the top down to put some color on it from the pad, then you can use as much water from the Aqua brush as you need to get the light/dark that you want.  I got my brush very wet and tapped it on my finger to have the drops splatter.

Then I painted and fussy cut the pot and brushes, added them on with dimentionals and added my sentiment. Before I glued down the last white piece I added the Fresh Fig ribbon, and topped it off with pearls.

Thanks so much for stopping by.


2 comments:

Elizabeth Price said...

What an awesome card and what a wonderful person you are for creating a work of heart for your friend. Thanks for linking up with our color challenge this week at TGIF. Smiles, Elizabeth

Terri Orr said...

I'm nuts about your coloring here, Lynn. Great card!